Why you should read a story first before beginning to critically dissect it:
- Because you need to experience the entirety of the story before you can properly dissect it
- Because dissecting it ruins the story for you, if you haven’t first read it
- Much like examining frame for frame a movie then watching the movie with disappointment at its lack of novelty.
- Because stories are stories first, and lessons second
- Or else authors wouldn’t be authors; they’d just say what they meant, not paint it.
- Writing is showing, not telling.